Monday, December 10, 2007

Just a Thought.



















Now if the ladies and gentlemen present promise not to raise their objections, I would like to ask you...where had you been all my life? Hey there, look at me...and some one please turn the radio off...I can hardly hear a word...or is it just static between us?
You were expected before...or did my invitation reach you too little, too late?

You see, I mistook a few for you. They walked in, walked about,walked all over..but now that I see you unwinding in my parlor, I know I had been entertaining ghosts in your name. They looked like you till I saw them silently facing the sunset- the lines of your face burn with life in the dying light. They sounded just like you, till I heard them whisper promises- you don't promise me...you promise to yourself. They felt like you too, till they held my hand- they hold on to hold me back and you hold on to take me places I have never dreamt of.

Is it a sojourn or are you here to stay? Oh,a sojourn...fine...I think we can have our breakfast now. You don't mind honey in tea, do you...and someone turn the volume up...they are playing one of my favorite songs.

8 comments:

Amazing Graze said...

Breaking on through (the clich'es) to the other side? =D
U got there without even getting your feet wet.8)

Antigone said...

Thats most interesting...for traveling to the other side wasn't on my list of to-dos. So maybe who u see isn't me at all :p

What's In A Name ? said...

you have been tagged.

Antigone said...

:D..well two can play the tagging game.

What's In A Name ? said...

Random vacillations.....bu musical at that. good.

Antigone said...

@ what's in a name

that allusion was surely to the tagging game, eh? :)

What's In A Name ? said...

ahh......I didn't actually miss that 'plot', Ma'am. :D

What's In A Name ? said...

The "random vacillations, musical post" was meant to be a remark on your post, not on that tagging-game.:) You and your fecundity.